- have completed a thorough risk assessment using current Government Guidelines and will continue to review this as advice changes.
- have consulted with our team and they are trained to look after you and their colleagues
- will ensure our supervisors monitor safe practices before, throughout and after your visit
- have completed a Covid-19 Essentials course before returning to work
- are trained to self-assess before coming into work
- provide temperature checks on arrival at work
- hand wash and sanitise regularly
- clean and sanitise all hard contact surfaces regularly throughout the day
- are trained to keep the environment clean and safe for everyone
- opening days and times have changed so that we can manage social distances
- will need to be made in advance whether you are eating or drinking; we are sorry we can’t be as relaxed as we were.
- we are unable to look after ‘walk in tables’ until measures are relaxed. However bookings can be made on the day if space allows.
- we prefer you to make an online booking, to provide the information that we require for track and trace. If you can’t see availability, do call.
- there will be an option to book an area, outside tables cannot be pre booked due to unpredictable weather, however we will accept enquiries on the day.
- we can guarantee an area, we cannot guarantee a particular table
- we will take card details to confirm reservations. Your card will only be charged if you do not show up for your table or you give us so little notice that we are not able to resell.
If you need to cancel or amend your reservation please go online or call us on 01234 376274
If you should have any Covid-19 symptoms please follow government guidelines and call to rearrange your booking
Better when we work together
- please be prompt. We have staggered our dining times to avoid queues and allow for social distancing; we ask that you arrive at the arrival time you have chosen.
- we will greet you and guide you to your table
- your table is yours for the duration of your meal; we have allowed time for relaxed drinks and looking at the menu. You can have a drink outside, weather permitting.
- we will welcome you with a smile and open arms, although we can’t hug you or shake hands, even if we wanted to.
- it will not be mandatory for our team to wear masks or face screens, they are available for those members of our team who are vulnerable or choose to wear one
- (we will review this if guidelines change or your feedback leads us to making a change)
- all our tables are spaced appropriately
- to minimise close contact, your food menu will be single use. Our full drinks list will be available using a QR code and on the website. Don’t worry, we have iPads for those who don’t have access to an internet enabled device.
- basic cutlery will be laid out for you and covered; we will start with disposable single use napkins
- anything you order will be carefully brought to your table with social distancing in mind
- everything will be cleaned and sanitised, as always
- we may not be quick to start with, if you are in a hurry, please let us know in advance and we will do our very best to help you
- we can take contactless payments up to £45, or unlimited with Apple Pay. We will sanitise the card machine after each use, and we will also carefully handle cash, if you can make your cash payment accurate this will help us to keep everyone safe.
Are we still a pub?
- you can no longer prop up the bar, don’t worry it has been a feature for many years and will wait for this age old tradition to return
- you can book a bar table or outside table (weather permitting) for drinks by calling us. In fact, we encourage you to do so by offering our ‘Ins and Outs’ menu (snack menu)
- it will be table service only for drinks and snacks, please be kind on busy days we will get to you. Why not enjoy the garden?
We ask you to…
- help us maintain social distancing, 1 metre plus
- help us keep clean. We have provided hand sanitiser at entrances and on your table just in case you have forgotten your own. Feel free to use it and to take the small bottles home. Please leave the big ones for everyone else to use!
- toilets are small spaces please only enter when others have left, if you powder in pairs then you can share the space with people dining in your Social Bubble
- we welcome children; please keep them close to you.
These are difficult times for everyone and we would like the Plough to be place where you escape the stresses of these uncertain times to relax and be welcomed with good, old fashioned hospitality. We are anxious to do everything right for you, but may occasionally stumble, please speak to us directly if you are not comfortable with your experience. Call us if you have any feedback that will help us to improve our new environment.
Jayne, Martin, Michael and all The Team at The Plough